Credits Earned at ETI
For clock hours earned in other programs offered by ETI that a student wants transferred into a new ETI academic program, the following criteria must be met:
1. The same course or courses must be required in the new program or must be comparable in content and duration to a course or courses offered in the new program.
2. The student must have earned a passing grade in the course or courses.
There is no limit to the number of clock hours earned at ETI that can be transferred into a new ETI academic program. The grades earned for the transferred ETI courses will be included in a calculation of the student’s CGPA. Additionally, the total number of clock hours will be included in a calculation of total clock hours attempted and successfully completed in determining whether a student is making satisfactory academic progress.
Credits Earned at Other Institutions
At the time of admission, ETI will consider accepting transfer credits or clock hours earned at another post-secondary institution provided that the following criteria are met:
1. The post-secondary institution is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation.
2. The course or courses are determined to be comparable in both content and duration to a course or courses offered by ETI.
3. The course was completed within ten years of the date that the student is applying for admission into ETI and the student earned a grade of B or higher.
An official transcript must be sent directly to ETI from the post-secondary institution that the transferring student attended. The transcript will be reviewed, and it will be determined whether the course or courses requested for transfer credit meet all of the above-required criteria and whether transfer credit will be granted. The
decision is final and not appealable. A maximum of 100 clock hours earned from other institutions can be transferred into the program.
Transfer credits accepted will be appropriately converted into clock hours. The grade for any transfer courses from other institutions will not be included in a calculation of the student’s cumulative grade point average (CGPA) or of total clock hours attempted.
Courses completed at other institutions and accepted on transfer by ETI will be designated on the ETI transcript as “TR”. Courses completed at ETI and accepted for transfer into a new ETI academic program will be identified separately on the ETI transcript and the grades earned for those courses will be included as well.